Google Summer of Code project: Syncing the OSS API

Wed May 31 09:43:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that one of the Google Summer of Code students
we got is working on syncing our implementation of the OSS API with
the updated API of the official open sound system from 4Front
Technologies. Welcome Ryan!

Mainly this provides a new mixer API which is better suited for
current soundcards. Some more details can be found at
"http://wikitest.freebsd.org/RyanBeasley".

I will commit milestones to current from time to time and announce
calls for help here accordingly. For each milestone we will need some
feedback from all of you how it works in your daily useof the sound
system. Additionaly we may need some more specific reports about some
behavior, but this will be announced in the call for help.

I hope a lot of testers will participate to let "our" student enjoy
his Summer of Code and make it an experience he will remember well for
a long time.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen