Status of VIA Envy24 audio controller support in FreeBSD

Wed May 24 19:13:10 PDT 2006

Quoting "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton at gmail.com> (Wed, 24 May 2006 15:28:16 -0500):

> On 5/24/06, Konstantin Dimitrov <kosio.dimitrov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hello, what envy24-based sound card do you have
> >

> I don't have any envy24 cards but I plan on buying one as soon as it's
> supported by FreeBSD. My current card, a SB Live, is on it's last leg,

First we need *good* documentation for the chip. An official download
URL is enough.

Second we need someone who is willing to write the driver.

Third, we need a card with the chip for this person.

If someone provides the docs, I will put up an entry on the ideas list
(http://www.FreeBSD.org/projects/ideas/) for this.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen