Call for testing: emu10kx driver for Creative sound cards

Wed May 24 10:05:33 PDT 2006

Quoting Scott Long <scottl at samsco.org> (from Tue, 23 May 2006 10:08:15 -0600):

> The problem is that Alexander wants these sysctls to only be temporary.
> Recall that big thread from a month or two ago about treating sysctls
> as an API, and how there was heavy disagreement over how to define
> "stable" sysctls that apps could depend on?  If a temporary set of
> sysctls get put under the dev tree, then it risks becoming permanent,
> which is not what Alexander wants.  So, either we need to decide what
> parts of the sysctl to define as stable, like I asked for in the
> should address, and let you and Alexander continue to argue over the
> 'correct place'.

When we have a document/place which specifies a stable sysctl API, I
can life with putting the temporary ones into the place which
Dag-Erling suggested.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen