Skype

Stephen Bartlett stephen at bartlettsoftware.biz
Wed May 17 09:07:23 UTC 2006

Thus spake Stephen Bartlett on Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:47:42PM -1000:
> FWIW, I had had Skype running fine on 6.0-RELEASE -- then it stopped working for some unknown reason.  Symptoms were that the Skype process would start, fire up some child processes, but never bring up any windows.

Also, be alert for Skype not clearing out its $HOME/.Skype/shared.lck file when closed/killed.  I just discovered that this file isn't being removed when I close the app.  If this lock file is left there, Skype won't connect properly to the network next time.

- Stephen

--
Stephen Bartlett
President, Bartlett Software, Inc.