Skype "phone" ...

Stephen Bartlett stephen at bartlettsoftware.biz
Wed May 17 08:56:46 UTC 2006

Thus spake Marc G. Fournier on Wed, May 17, 2006 at 01:38:39AM -0300:

> Just curious, but what are ppl running on their FreeBSD boxes as far as a
> phone is concerned?  I don't even have a webcam hooked up to my FreeBSD
> box yet, let alone a microphone ... I see reference to a 'USB Phone' on
> Skype's site ... something like that available that works well under
> FreeBSD?  Or something else that is better?

I elected not to fool around with anything so 'complex' as a USB device -- I went with just a headset that uses the mini microphone and speaker jacks: I chose the "Sennheiser PC110 Single Sided Headset with Microphone"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C109O/102-8978497-4975324?v=glance&n=172282

...and it works great.  $11 on eBay, new.

- Stephen

--
Stephen Bartlett
President, Bartlett Software, Inc.