skype_bin: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Ion-Mihai IOnut Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 14 13:20:34 UTC 2006

On Sat, 13 May 2006 15:12:01 +0200
Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> wrote:

> > I know nothing about Skype port but it seems to me that skype_bin is a Linux
> > executable. You need to do this:
> > sysctl kern.fallback_elf_brand=3
> >
> > You can persist is by putting in /etc/sysctl.conf
>
> No, please don't do this. If you need to do this, it's because of a bug
> in a port (please use send-pr and tell us about it).

Cc'ing port maintainer would be a good idea; I feel bad about Alexander
doing my job, but I have ports in 14 categories and there's absolutely
no way I can read all associated lists; I guess I'll have to invent
some new mail filters, esp. for skype (I don't think I was ever CC'ed
on mails about it since I maintain the port).

BOFH excuse #1:
clock speed