what if the monitor does not show all lines?

Thu May 11 12:09:41 UTC 2006

Quoting "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner at yahoo.com> (from Thu, 11 May
2006 00:37:13 -0700 (PDT)):

> After I installed R6.1 I saw, that X tries to show 1400x1050 instead of
> 1280x1024 pixels, but the monitor (a princeton TFT) still shows just 1024
> lines.

you have to change xorg.conf to suit your needs. More can be read in
the FreeBSD handbook.

> Furthermore xv video output mode in xine or mplayer produces sporadic or
> permanent magenta/white areas, if I do not use full screen mode.
>
> What can I do?

Always at the same place with the same source? -> A problem of the source?

If not always ----"----: a hardware problem?

The right place to ask is x11@, not here on multimedia at .

Bye,
Alexander.

    63: professionelles Arbeiten
           Netscape ist nicht auf der Festplatte (Matthias Bruestle)