snd_ich garbled audio

Wed May 10 07:11:33 UTC 2006

Quoting Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> (from Wed, 10 May 2006
16:01:39 +0930):

> Hi,
> I have a
> pcm0: <Intel ICH4 (82801DB)> at io 0xf4fff800, 0xf4fff400 irq 9
> bufsz 16384 kld snd_ich (1p/1r/4v channels duplex default)
> and it used to work fine, but a little while ago (I am dumb and didn't note
> when), I find that sometimes audio is garbled.
>
> It is not totally garbled and doesn't happen all the time but it is almost
> like the endianess is wrong, or something similar as it only affects loud-ish
> sounds..

Please reduce your mixer settings. If the problem vanishes, too high
mixer settings was the cause. If it doesn't vanishes please read:
     http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/BUG_REPORT

Bye,
Alexander.

"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is
lightly greased."
		-- Kehlog Albran, "The Profit"