no sound with ICH6

Zsolt Kúti kutizs at t-online.hu
Wed May 3 18:01:50 UTC 2006

On Wed, 03 May 2006 14:57:38 +0800
mag at intron.ac wrote:

>      Perhaps your speaker/earphone failed to be correctly connected
> to the motherboard.
>      On Microsoft Windows XP, AC97 of ICH6 can be fully supported,
> and you can tune volumes of all channels. But on FreeBSD, only
> major features have been supported.
>      Try the speaker/earphone outlet on the back cover of your
> computer case. Please post the result of running "mixer".

Dear All,

My apologies for the noise! The sound has finally somehow arousen.

I don't know what I did. It was certainly neither wrongly connected nor
mixer missetup (double checked).
There might be something with the speaker's cabeling as bending it a
little gives noise, nevertheless I could'nt make it completely fail.

I am really sorry!
Thanks for your help and patience!

Zsolt