ATI Radeon 7000 and Hauppauge 250

Karol Kwiatkowski freebsd at orchid.homeunix.org
Mon Mar 27 12:03:15 UTC 2006

>>  mplayer works fine for watching live TV IME.
>
> how do you change channels?

Taken from freebsd list sometime ago:

$ cat ~/.mplayer/config
# Write your default config options here!
tv=driver=bsdbt848:width=768:height=576:input=1:norm=PAL:chanlist=europe-east:channels=R6-TVP1,R7-TVP2,...

You may want to edit 'tv=' line here (especially chanlist and channels).

$ cat ~/.mplayer/input.conf
MOUSE_BTN0 tv_step_channel 1
MOUSE_BTN2 tv_step_channel -1

This gives you ability to change channels with a mouse.

Furthermore, I've written a script and made an alias to it, so I can
simply type 'tv on', tv low', 'tv off'. I can post it if there's interest.

> regards,
>
> usleep

HTH,

Karol

--
Karol Kwiatkowski  <freebsd at orchid dot homeunix dot org>