ATI Radeon 7000 and Hauppauge 250

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Sun Mar 26 16:44:52 UTC 2006

My understanding is that if I want to be able to continue to watch TV
on my TV while the signal is connected to my PC/Hauppauge card, I'll
need to output from the PC back to the TV.

My ATI Radeon 7000 32 MB PCI does have an S-video output on it. How
would I begin to determine whether FreeBSD would support the video
out back to my TV (or is this not software dependent?), and is there
anyway of determining whether I have enough horsepower to do what I'm
trying to do? My knowledge of hardware is somewhat lacking... :(

Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
http://www.netmusician.org
joe at netmusician.org