Poor sound quality with snd_via8233 > snd_ich

Angka H. K. harikurniawan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 08:05:12 UTC 2006

 ich_wr(sc, ICH_REG_GLOB_CNT, ICH_GLOB_CTL_COLD | ICH_GLOB_CTL_PRES, 4);

into :

ich_wr(sc, ICH_REG_GLOB_CNT, ICH_GLOB_CTL_COLD, 4);

in the ich_init() function in src/sys/dev/sound/pci/ich.c

Above is the changes I made.
Here is the mail archive of my question about it a month ago:
http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=freebsd-multimedia&a=2006-02&t=1779933

Is it correct when I update the system I do the following :

   1. cvsuped to RELENG_6
   2. make buildworld
   3. make kernel
   4. mergemaster -p