ports/92445: [patch] change all bogus uses of BROKEN to IGNORE

Akinori MUSHA knu at iDaemons.org
Thu Jun 22 09:49:10 UTC 2006

At Tue, 20 Jun 2006 03:31:51 -0500,
Mark Linimon wrote:

> I am including each of you because you are the maintainer of a part of
> bsd.*.mk that will be touched by this patch.
>
> This patch will once and for all get rid of the misnomer BROKEN in cases
> where IGNORE is truly called for; that is, ports that cannot be installed
> due to incompatabilities.  Finally, BROKEN will be reserved for ports that
> _should_ install correctly but are suspected not to at the present time.
>
> In practice, several of the BROKEN_WITH already set IGNORE internally,
> so their names are no longer correct in any case.
>
> BROKEN_WITH will remain, for now, an alias for IGNORE_WITH, for backwards
> compatibility, but its use will be deprecated.
>
> Please let me know of any feedback you have.  I am intending to try this
> one in the next -exp run.
>
> mcl

Fine by me with regard to Mk/bsd.ruby.mk.

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Different eyes see different things,
    Different hearts beat on different strings --
       But there are times for you and me when all such things agree"