HDA sound driver mod for sigmatel 92xx

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Mon Jul 17 14:25:28 UTC 2006

On 07/17/06 09:17, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Eric Anderson wrote:

>>> Will this code be commited/MFC'ed into 6-STABLE?
>>> I'd like to give it a try on my Dell Inspirion 1300 with a similar
>>> SigmaTel 92xx chip.
>>>

>> I think this driver is considered a hack at this point, and if so, it
>> won't ever be committed.  It might become a real driver at some point,
>> and then be committed, but at this stage I think it just barely
>> works.  :)
>
> That's funny, it works very well for me -- at least with mplayer.

Me too, but just because it works well, doesn't mean it's committable.
If I recall, the original one was claimed as a hack, and the patches
were made against it.  I'm just saying what I recall, not that it is
actually what will happen.  It all goes to the people who have the
commit bits, and core I'm sure.

Me personally, I'd love for it to be part of the base, as long as it
makes sense.  It seems to be working ok for me too.

Eric