HDA sound driver mod for sigmatel 92xx

Wesley Morgan morganw at chemikals.org
Sun Jul 16 15:37:27 UTC 2006

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Norberto Meijome wrote:

> Thanks Daniel for this :)
> this works fine on my Thinkpad z60m (hdac = '82801FB/FR/FW/FRW Intel High
> DefiNition Audio Controller' ), but :
>
> - volume is *very* low - it is barely discernible from background noise.
> mixer reported initially a value of 77%, which i pushed to 100 with no change.
> dev.acpi_ibm.0.volume was 14 (max) , so the speaker beeping was very loud, but
> pcm wasn't at all.
>
> - lack of recording (mic) / input - not sure if this patch was added to your
> tar ball
>
> Andrea's original package from darkircop.org doens't show the mic either, but
> the sound volume works fine.

Try this one: http://files.chemikals.org/hdac.tgz, and send me the output
from it. It should give a very detailed enumeration of widgets,
capabilities and pin connections. Should be able to deduce which amp is
controlling your output levels. It is based off of the hdac-rec version,
but I have yet to try any form of recording (it is pretty much disabled
anyway).