Status of VIA Envy24 audio controller

Laurent Courty lrntct at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 12:35:48 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 18 juin 2006 20:42, Alexander Leidinger a écrit :
> Quoting "Konstantin Dimitrov" <kosio.dimitrov at gmail.com> (Sun, 18 Jun 2006
19:59:49 +0300):
> > i also have important question, maybe Alexander will answer, because now
> > we have code for two different Envy24 chips (Envy24, Envy24HT) and for 3
> > different audio codecs (AK4524, AK4528, WM8770) and any combination
> > between them is possible - for example maybe there is Envy24HT-based card
> > using AK4528, which is the best way and how to support this, i can put
> > everything based on chip ID and PCI IDs into a single code, but i think
> > it is bad idea, because it will be huge code with a lot of branches and
> > very hard to maintain
>
> Currently we have the ak452x bits in the snd_ak452x module. I suggest
> to proceed with the wm8770 stuff in a similar way (own module). If the
> differences between envy24 and envy24ht are really that large, I also
> suggest to create a separate module for envy24ht. Both envy modules can
> depend upon all the codec modules then.

Hello,

It's great to see people working on envy24 support. Thanks a lot hackers !
I'm thinking about buying an Onkyo SE-90PCI board.
Do you think if it's possible to make it work on FreeBSD ? It seem to use the
VT1720T (Envy24MT). As I see on Nikolas' web site, no datasheet is currently
available for this chip. How can I help ? Should I ask VIA for datasheet ?

Thanks,

Laurent