[info] PixelView PlayTV Pro PV-BT878P+ rev.9D works with bktr

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Tue Jan 17 15:55:39 PST 2006

Frank J. Beckmann wrote this message on Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 00:19 +0100:
> am Dienstag, 17. Januar 2006 16:39 schrieb Andrew Gordon:
> > >
> > > Does someone has a datasheet for this soundchip which is usable to write
> > > a driver? Maybe we could lure Ariff into writting a driver (perhaps by
> > > giving a card with such a chip to him as a gift) if we get a datasheet.
> >
> > There isn't a separate soundchip - the sound is a second PCI function
> > within the video capture chip (BT878).  The datasheet for that certainly
> > used to be freely available (I have a copy downloaded years ago).  It
> > looks to be sufficient to write a driver - the DMA engine etc. are
> > identical to the one in the video section, and there is a fair amount of
> > documentation of the audio section.
>
> Is every BT878 card able to send the sound via the pci bus? I always wondered
> what the multimedia device at 6.1 is.
>
> bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xca000000-0xca000fff irq 16 at device 6.0 on pci5
> bktr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> bktr0: Hauppauge Model 61324 D229
> bktr0: Detected a MSP3415D-A2 at 0x80
> bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips PAL I tuner, msp3400c stereo, remote
> control.
> pci5: <multimedia> at device 6.1 (no driver attached)

Assuming that the manufacturer of the card hooks it up properly, yes..
I'm in the process of writing a driver for this function for ATSC HDTV
capture... and I plan on doing a very non-unix thing in only doing the
minimal amount of work in the kernel, and leaving the rest of the
config to userland utilities...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579