[info] PixelView PlayTV Pro PV-BT878P+ rev.9D works with bktr

Andrew Gordon arg-bsd at arg.me.uk
Tue Jan 17 07:39:24 PST 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> > none1 at pci0:13:1:        class=0x048000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x0878109e
> > rev=0x11 hdr=0x00
> >    vendor   = 'Conexant (Was: Brooktree Corp)'
> >    device   = 'Bt878/Fusion878A Video Capture (Audio Section)'
> >    class    = multimedia
>
> Does someone has a datasheet for this soundchip which is usable to write a
> driver? Maybe we could lure Ariff into writting a driver (perhaps by giving
> a card with such a chip to him as a gift) if we get a datasheet.

There isn't a separate soundchip - the sound is a second PCI function
within the video capture chip (BT878).  The datasheet for that certainly
used to be freely available (I have a copy downloaded years ago).  It
looks to be sufficient to write a driver - the DMA engine etc. are
identical to the one in the video section, and there is a fair amount of
documentation of the audio section.

However, as with the video, you need card-specific knowledge about how the
various inputs are wired up to do a comprehensive job (similar to the
problems with mis-labeled mixer channels on other soundcards).