Intel High Definition Audio (azalia) support now available in OSS/FreeBSD 6.0

guru at Sisis.de guru at Sisis.de
Thu Jan 12 23:06:36 PST 2006

El día Thursday, January 12, 2006 a las 08:23:29PM +0100, Michael Nottebrock escribió:

> guru at Sisis.de schrieb:
>
> > Thanks for your feedback, but you do not want me to open the new
> > notebook with the soldering iron in my hands to have a look for
> > some link there, no? :-)) What could I do without opening the box?
>
> Nothing I suppose. I don't consider it impossible the notebook
> manufacturer simply omitted this, since Windows does digital extraction
> for cd playback by default these days.

I've a two-year-bring-in warranty and I'll call the tech hotline
of Fujitsu-Siemens and ask them: Hey, I've installed FreeBSD and now
it does not play CD... :-) Will let you know what they say.

Is there a CD player in the ports collection with digital extraction?

> > In KDE one can set a timeout for aRts daemon to give away the sound
> > device on idle, I've set this to 6 secs, but ogle still claims on
> > launch that it is busy; the other solution launching ogle as
>
> You can set it as low as 1 second, which works pretty good in almost all
> situations.

Thx. It works now with 2 sec timeout. Before that I launched
ogle with a script like

	#/bin/sh
	( sleep 3 ; killall artsd ) &
	ogle
	killall artsd

Thx

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz / Sisis Informationssysteme GmbH
ein Tochterunternehmen der OCLC PICA B.V. Leiden (NL)