CORRECTION - Sound Not Working After SRC Update

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 12 10:40:46 PST 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:14:11 -0500
Rob Clark <vx2 at tds.net> wrote:

> Hi Ariff,
>
> What does 'blacklist' mean as used in a previous message on
> this issue, e.g.,
Means that the driver need to exclude joyport initialization of your
card , or probably other cards, at least until somebody came up with
simmilar problem. Your card is blacklisted (for now).

> "I have better idea: use pci subvendor/subdevice to
> 'blacklist' this card, simmilar with previous EAPD issues.
> Seems fair enough, right?"
>
> -also-
>
> Would the current provided patches be submitted, or should I
> look to patch for this card after each future src update?

Fix will be commited to -current as soon as possible, and will be
MFCed (RELENG_6) later. Rest assured, you don't have to
patch anything after that.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD