CORRECTION - Sound Not Working After SRC Update

Thu Jan 12 02:30:19 PST 2006

Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

>> Isn't there a 4th option? Autodetecting it ("in case of error, try
>> without joystick")?
>>
>> If not: the hint seems to be the most sensible option to me.
>> Default: enabled?
>>

> I have better idea: use pci subvendor/subdevice to 'blacklist' this
> card, simmilar with previous EAPD issues. Seems fair enough, right?
>
> pcm0 at pci0:11:0: class=0x040100 card=0x20001274

This is a kind of autodetection like I suggested. It doesn't catch every
"bad" card, but the user doesn't has to take actions if he has such a known
non-working card.

Bye,
Alexander.

Multiple-function gadgets will not perform any
function adequately.