CORRECTION - Sound Not Working After SRC Update

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 11 17:06:05 PST 2006

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:30:51 -0500
Rob Clark <vx2 at tds.net> wrote:
> I said before that I've been using onboard sound - but I
> meant to say:
>
> I've NOT used the onboard sound since I built the
> system (years ago).
>
> Sorry for any confusion.

Take a look at http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/es137x/ . There
are 4 files (es137x.<number>.c). Get all of it. Replace your
sys/dev/sound/pci/es137x.x with one of it, recompile es137x module
(you don't have to recompile everything, simply cd
/usr/src/sys/modules/sound/driver/es137x/ ; make clean ; make) ,
kldunload snd_es137x ; kldload ./snd_es137x.ko . Repeat these steps.

Tell me if any of it works for you.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD