Audio playing fast on 6.x (Looking for Ariff Abdullah)

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 6 08:01:00 PST 2006

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:24:02 -0600
Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your quick reply. I tried the above and playback is still
> fast, changing it to any number doesn't seem to do anything. I also
> cannot set it with loader.conf. I have to do it manually after the
> system is loaded, Is this normal? Here is what I have in
> loader.conf:
>
> sound_load="YES"
> snd_ich_load="YES"
> hw.snd.pcm0.ac97rate=48000
> hw.snd.ac97rate=48000
> hint.pcm.0.ac97rate="48000"
> hw.snd.maxautovchans=4

Put hw.* into /etc/sysctl.conf.

Ok, since you said none of it works, how about this:

# kldunload snd_ich
# kenv hint.pcm.0.vchanrate=48000
# kldload snd_ich
# sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=4

Note: 1) anything that begin with hw.* should go into /etc/sysctl.conf
      2) anything that begin with hint.* should go into
         /boot/device.hints

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD