snd_solo broken after big MFC to RELENG_6

Ariff Abdullah skywizard at MyBSD.org.my
Tue Jan 3 15:40:37 PST 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 23:59:47 +0100
Simon Barner <barner at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I did the following to enable vchans:
>
> # kldunload snd_solo.ko
> # sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=2
> # kldload snd_solo.ko
>
> pcm0: <ESS Solo-1 (unknown vendor)> port
> 0xb000-0xb03f,0xb400-0xb40f,0xb800-0xb80f,0xbc00-0xbc03,0xc000-0xc0
> 03 irq 10 at device 20.0 on pci0 pcm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> pcm0: vchan_create(pcm0:play:0) == -1
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pretty much what I need :)

> The same happens for other values (I tried 1 and 5), and when I
> reboot the system and load the module and set the sysctl from
> loader.conf
>
> Your patch didn't make any difference (same error with vchans). I
> also tried removing other output formats, leaving me with either of
> AFMT_S16_LE AFMT_STEREO | AFMT_S16_LE (I also tried various other
> combinations) gave me the same error about vchan_create.

Ignore that patch entirely. I'll come to you as soon I have something
for you to test with.

--
Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD