snd_solo broken after big MFC to RELENG_6

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 3 15:13:23 PST 2006

> > The same happens for other values (I tried 1 and 5), and when I reboot the
> > system and load the module and set the sysctl from loader.conf
                                                        ^^^^^^

> > Your patch didn't make any difference (same error with vchans). I also tried
> > removing other output formats, leaving me with either of AFMT_S16_LE
> > AFMT_STEREO | AFMT_S16_LE (I also tried various other combinations) gave me
> > the same error about vchan_create.
> >

> Don't you need to set vchans *before* the system is running? such as
> in /boot/loader.conf:
>
> ## Sound Support
> #sound_load="YES"
> #snd_emu10k1_load="YES"
> #snd_driver_load="YES"
> hw.snd.maxautovchans=4
> hw.snd.targetirqrate=36
> hint.pcm.0.buffersize="16384"

[...]

I tried that, too:

snd_solo_load=          YES
hw.snd.maxautovchans=2

Thanks,

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de