problem with pre-audigy 5.1 cards (was: Re: cvs commit: src UPDATING src/sys/conf NOTES files src/sys/boot/forth loader.conf src/sys/sys soundcard.h src/sys/dev/sound driver.c src/sys/dev/sound/isa ad1816.c ess.c mss.c sb16.c sb8.c sbc.c src/sys/dev/sound/pci als4000.c atiixp.c ...)

Ariff Abdullah skywizard at MyBSD.org.my
Mon Jan 2 11:41:47 PST 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 11:20:37 -0800
Kent Stewart <kstewart at owt.com> wrote:
> On Monday 02 January 2006 04:31 am, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 04:22:08 -0800
> >
> > Kent Stewart <kstewart at owt.com> wrote:
> > > Yes, I get the primary audio through the back speakers of the
> > > Live 5.1  system. Before the last change, I was seeing that on
> > > my Audigy 2 zs  system.
> >
> > Does this patch (attached) solve the problem?
>
> No, I have still have primary audio out of rear speakers. I also
> have  sound out of the subwoofer and just a low level hum out of the
> center  channel. This is the pc that I play almost all of my DVDs on
> but I use  XP.

If that so, you should probably take a look at emu10kx from ports -
/usr/ports/audio/emu10kx. Use that driver instead, since it comes with
emuctrl to configure the soundcard.

--
Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD