Geode Sound problems with 6-STABLE

Neal Nelson nealie at kobudo.homeunix.net
Sat Feb 18 02:07:53 PST 2006

Hello all.

I've been running the old 5-STABLE on a Virgin WebPlayer, which is a
Geode based network appliance thingie, for a while and the sound worked
OK. I had it configured into the kernel as a soundblaster 16
(snd_sb16).

I've upgraded to 6-STABLE of about yesterday (Friday the 18th of
February) and the sound no longer works. I've furtled with the kernel
configuration and tried loading all the sound driver modules instead
but I can't get it to recognise my sound system at all. The dmesg shows
it as being detected on the pci bus but no driver is loaded.

Does anybody know why this has stopped working and how I can get it to
go again?

Thanks.