No sound with ALC650

Thomas Gellekum Thomas.Gellekum at gmx.de
Wed Feb 15 23:23:17 PST 2006

Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> This is a little bit.. uh.. gross.. how about this one:
>
>    http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/ich.c

Nope. I never got the error message so that path was never taken.

As I'm already showing my complete ignorance about the sound
implementation: I added a device_printf to the beginning of that
function just to make sure it was called at all and I get

pcm0: <nVidia nForce2> port 0xe400-0xe4ff,0xd000-0xd07f mem 0xe1080000-0xe1080fff irq 5 at device 6.0 on pci0
pcm0: reset channel 0
pcm0: reset channel 1
pcm0: <Avance Logic ALC650 AC97 Codec>

on kldload snd_ich, and

pcm0: reset channel 0

repeatedly when playing a sound file. Is that to be expected? Also,
why only channels 0 and 1?

tg