pwcbsd extensions for spca-supported cameras

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Sat Dec 30 11:47:53 PST 2006

If someone (kernel programmers) is interested in having a look at
this code...

It is not yet usable but i am moving forward quite fast,
hopefully with a bit of help we can manage to have a working driver
within a few days.

I have been working recently to integrate more cameras into the
pwcbsd port, namely those supported by the spca (userland)
application/driver.

I am doing rather good progress, but wouldn't mind a bit
of review/help if you are interested. Details are at

	http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/FreeBSD/usb-cameras.html

basically i can probe the camera and start the usb transfer,
all left to do now is link the code that detects the start of frame
into the usb isoc stream, and later to invoke the format converters
appropriately.

let me know if you have any suggestions on how to proceed with this.
(the code is basically the pwcbsd and spcaview that we have in
the ports, with very limited modifications - the license is
obviously the same as the original, so this is going to remain
a port).

	cheers
	luigi