gstreamer stuff naming scheme

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 22 12:48:06 PST 2006

Hi!

I'm not questioning the subject, just wondering because
I must settle on a naming scheme for libvisual.

So my personal preference is the way they deal with

(a) preferred gstreamer-plugins-<plugin> to just
gstreamer-<plugin>, or even the widely-used "gst" abbre-
viation, like gst-<plugin>

(b) placed <ver> at the very end instead of right after
"gstreamer"

(c) decided not to use versioning for 0.10, which will
probably result in massive repocopies when the next
version comes out.

Thanks!