MythTV (was: Possible FreeBSD port?)

Wed Dec 20 00:06:14 PST 2006

Quoting usleepless at gmail.com (from Wed, 20 Dec 2006 00:54:53 +0100):

> they don't want to talk about changes to the database-layer: they
> don't think the database is important and would rather have nothing to
> do with sql. when i proposed to make mythtv cross-database-compatible
> ( mysql, postgresql, mssql etc ), they responded with "we might move
> to a embedded db like firebird"?. shutting off postgresql totally.

Wouldn't SQLite fit better...?

> sorry for the rant, but i don't have the energy to "evangelize" the
> mythtv-developers. i just maintain my own version. if people on
> fbsd-mm are interested, i am willing to commit and make a port out of
> it.

What about making your patches public somewhere? This way other people
can benefit from your work, maybe port to a more recent version, and
maybe lobby for the inclusion of the patches...

If you don't have a suitable webspace, I'm willing to host your patch.
It's not the first time I do this (this reminds me that I can remove
the HDA tarball I host, we have a working HDA driver in -current now).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.
		-- Lily Tomlin