snd_hda: loud distorted sound with NVidia MCP51

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 18 12:57:20 PST 2006

On 12/18/06, Hiroharu Tamaru <tamaru at myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp> wrote:
> This is already commited. So look for this line
>               if (subvendor == 0x81cb1043) {
> and replace it with
>               if (subvendor == 0x81cb1043 || subvendor == 0x10b81734) {
> and have a try.

This actually works very well! Thank you very much!

Ariff, I'll provide additional testing as needed.

Also there's another problem, independent of the
patch. Sometimes the card starts playing, but
just as about half a second passes the output
stops (mpg123 exits) and kernel says this:

pcm0:virtual:0:dsp0.v0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

It is hard to reproduce and might be related to
other Turion quirks.

Thanks!