install of Audacity

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Dec 4 10:25:26 PST 2006

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 05:23:28 -0600, Gordon Gilbert <gord at angelsroost.ca>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> As suggested by the failure, I'm sending this to you to see if you can
> help get past this stop.
>
> I tried installing Audacity, and when it failed, I got the following:
>
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
> checking for gstreamer-0.8 >= 0.8.11.1... configure: error: no GStreamer
> found
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to multimedia at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and
> attach
> the
> "/usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins80/work/gst-plugins-0.8.12/config.log"
> including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might
> be
> a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
> system
> (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins80.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/wxgtk26.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/audio/audacity.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/audio/audacity.
> [2:6:306]root at angel:/usr/ports/audio/audacity> cd /usr/ports/multimedia/
> You have new mail in /var/mail/gord
> [2:7:307]root at angel:/usr/ports/multimedia>
>
> Per instructions above, I've attached the config.log.

Your attach doesn't make it to the list, but I don't need it as your above
output has gave a hint.

> Any possible help here?

You need to update all of your installed ports first before you install
Audacity. We have gstreamer 0.8.12 and you still have 0.8.11 or below. You
should follow the same rule of report bug in '1. When should I make a bug
report?' over at http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/bugging.html .

Cheers,
Mezz

> Blessings,
>
> Father Gordon Gilbert+

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org