Vchan/Sound/patch hard locks...

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Thu Sep 15 16:09:41 PDT 2005

On Thursday, 15. September 2005 23:31, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Thursday, 15. September 2005 22:00, Mike S. wrote:
> >     Did not patch from /incoming, and also have rm'd the sound sources,
> > and re-cvs'd a couple times to retry the patch since.
>
> I can confirm
> http://staff.mybsd.org.my/skywizard/FreeBSD/sound/snd_RELENG_5_20050915_041
>softvol.diff doesn't compile (I didn't try it before - 20050913_036softvol +
> channel.c.diff worked).

False alarm. rm -r /usr/src/sys/dev/sound sys/modules/sound
sys/sys/soundcard.h /usr/obj, cvsup'ing and then reapplying the patch took
care of the errors.

It seems patch does funky things when it creates a new file (feeder_volume.c)
and there's already an .orig file from a previous application of the patch in
place.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org