snd_via8233 - no volume control

Ariff Abdullah skywizard at MyBSD.org.my
Sun Sep 4 08:59:15 PDT 2005

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 13:38:17 +0200
Aleš <ales.rom at kabelnet.net> wrote:
> Yes, here is mixer otput:
>
> /usr/sbin/mixer
> Mixer vol      is currently set to  84:84
> Mixer pcm      is currently set to  78:78
> Mixer speaker  is currently set to  59:59
> Mixer line     is currently set to  65:65
> Mixer mic      is currently set to  61:61
> Mixer cd       is currently set to  79:79
> Mixer rec      is currently set to  74:74
> Mixer line1    is currently set to  49:49
> Recording source: mic
>
> Ales

This probably will take some time. Current sound driver doesn't have
'soft volume' to control volume attenuation through software and
unfortunately, your sound codec (CMI 9761) doesn't have its
volume controller. Fortunately, basic infrastructure (feeder) to
implement this already exist and hopefully will not cause much radical
changes.

Hopefully I (or anybody) will have enough time to implement this within
this week.

--

Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD