Can't compile kernel with snd_RELENG_5_20051022_055.diff

Ariff Abdullah skywizard at MyBSD.org.my
Sun Oct 30 10:30:06 PST 2005

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:54:57 +0100
Ales <ales.rom at kabelnet.net> wrote:

> Works great, thank you.
>
> I have another audio related question. The problem is that I can't
> control master volume in KDE.  (KDE 3.4.0) Actually I can, but with
> pcm,  not vol slider. Volume control in the system tray is not
> affecting the  sound, because controls volume, not the pcm on this
> box. Kmix shows pcm,  speaker, rec as output devices, other 5 are
> input devices. Is this right?
>
> I hope, that this is not just KDE related problem? Any suggestions?

This is much expected, since yours is CMI9761. This and few others
don't have internal master and pcm mixer controller. Your pcm mixer
controller is actually emulated through feeder_volume. You have to
live with it :)

Maybe you can set Kmix controller preferences to point to pcm
controller instead of master controller, much like xmms.

--
Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD

http://www.MyBSD.org.my (IPv6/IPv4)