digital TV cards [was: problems with bktr0 and cheap TV card FlyVideo]

Thomas Gutzler thomas.gutzler at ee.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 24 18:14:57 PDT 2005

Am Tue, 25.Oct.2005 um  1:06:08 +0200 schraubte Georg Bege:
> Hello again

Hi

> Its possible that I will change to digital anyways soon so its not that
> problem.

Speaking of digital TV tuner cards...
I'm thinking about getting one of these as well.

I want to use it with freevo (or does mythtv work yet?) for watching and
recording tv and of course showing the recorded stuff.

Can anyone report difficulties or recommend a card that is well
supported? I'd also like to have a TV out on that card, because my
current graphics card doesn't have one and I think it's cheaper to get a
tv card with tv out than a tv card and a graphics card with tv out.

My local hardware dealer wanted to sell me this:
http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/eng/Products/DVBTPlus.aspx
and he had this dollar signs flashing in his eyes :)

Also available are:
http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/products_digitvtuner_dvbt.asp
http://www.comprousa.com/New/en/product/vmt300.html
http://www.twinhan.com/product_terrestrial_2.asp

I am currently using 5.4.

Cheers,
  Tom
--
Hummingbirds never remember the words to songs.