problems with bktr0 and cheap TV card FlyVideo

Molnár Csaba csabamolnar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 07:16:55 PDT 2005

On Monday 24 October 2005 15.59, Arne Wörner wrote:
> As far as I remember you should do a
> # mixer rec 50
> or so, too... So that the volume is ok...
>
> Zero is not enough... Family motto... ;-))
>                       ^^^ that was just a joke... Okay...
>
> And like it was said correctly: The recording source is to be set
> to the right value...
>
> In my system I can hear the audio signal with and without
> recording source set correctly... I mean: I just say "mixer cd 50"
> and then I can hear the TV audio signal... But maybe I have a
> funny audio card (VIA 8233 or so)...

I think I have a "funny" audio card too :)))

pcm0: <VIA VT8237> port 0xc000-0xc0ff irq 10 at device 17.5 on pci0
pcm0: <Avance Logic ALC655 AC97 Codec>

Using fxtv I can hear the voice without bothering to set recording source. On
the other hand, when I use mencoder to capture something from TV, there won't
be any sound recorded unless I set it explicitly with mixer.

I just thought it might be that ...