FreeBSD music player for both X and web?

Will Maier willmaier at ml1.net
Mon Oct 3 14:38:49 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 11:02:55PM +0200, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
[...]
> It would be best if the music player could be controlled both from
> the web (the machine will be on a local network) and from X.  Are
> there any good players (for FreeBSD) that can do that?

The Music Player Daemon has a variety of interfaces, including
(IIRC) a web interface. I use gmpc and ncmpc mostly.

	~ % cat /usr/ports/$(portsdb musicpd)/pkg-descr
	Music Player Daemon (MPD) allows remote access for playing music
	(MP3, MP4, Ogg, and Flac) and managing playlists.
	The design focus is on integrating a computer into a stereo system
	that provides control for music playback over a local network.

	WWW:    http://www.musicpd.org/
	~ %

--

| jabber:..wcmaier at jabber.ccc.de | email:..........wcmaier at ml1.net |