Sound skipping problems
skywizard at MyBSD.org.my
Tue Nov 8 11:54:17 PST 2005
On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:21:26 +0100
Sebastiaan van Erk <sebster at sebster.com> wrote:
> All of the below work, i.e., with 1, 2, 3 and 4 channels.
Now that really interesting. You pretty much sure that
hint.pcm.0.via_dxs_disabled is unset (or basically = 0), right?
Lets do some probability tests:
1) kenv hint.pcm.0.via_dxs_disabled is unset, or forcefully set as 0
(use kenv -u to nuke it)
2) kenv hint.pcm.0.via_dxs_channels with possible values of 0 - 4
3) kenv hint.pcm.0.via_sgd_channels with possible values of 0 - 1
4) sysctl hw.snd.pcm0.vchans=0
5) sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=0
5) sysctl hw.snd.slave_enabled=1
Run several tests, each test with different combination of #2 and #3.
Tell me which combination cause the problem, along with
dmesg | grep pcm0
I hope this will be our last test. Thanks for your cooperation :)
More information about the freebsd-multimedia