Sound skipping problems

Sebastiaan van Erk sebster at sebster.com
Tue Nov 8 08:26:26 PST 2005

Ok, well I got SOMETHING...

First of all, I had to start using all 5 channels before any sound came
out. At that moment, a weird distorted version of *all* channels started
coming out of the speakers and I killed the audio thingies 1 by 1. The
sound quality is really lousy - a kind of hissing crackling sound is in
the songs (mostly drums/metal guitar, voice seems not to be affected as
much). Tweaking the sysctl's had no effect that I could discern.

I also got the following errors in dmesg:

pcm0:slave:3: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
pcm0:slave:4: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

Greetings,
Sebastiaan