Available for testing: Kbtv -- KDE TV viewer for bktr

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Tue Nov 1 05:24:02 PST 2005

On Tuesday, 1. November 2005 02:35, Danny Pansters wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If you have a bktr based TV or capture card and are using KDE on FreeBSD 5,
> 6, or 7 I'd like to invite you to try out Kbtv. It is a small and simple TV
> viewing app written mostly in python. Uses PyKDE for GUI and mplayer for
> rendering.

Great stuff!

> for tarball, port, package, bugs and screenshot. Run it through your KDE
> menu or by running 'kbtv'. I'd like to move to one or more BETA's soon,
> then PR it as a release. It's been sitting on my desktop for too long :)
> Any testing is very much appreciated.

I'm stuck in FreeBSD 4 for today, so I tried there: btcontrol.c has a few
compile-time issues on gcc 2.95 (the tempval and fd declarations need to be
moved to the beginning of the respective functions) and kbtv itself aborts
just after the splash screen with:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "kbtv.py", line 428, in ?
    btc = BTControl()
  File "/usr/local/share/apps/kbtv/btcontrol.py", line 115, in __init__
    self.probeTuner()
  File "/usr/local/share/apps/kbtv/btcontrol.py", line 146, in probeTuner
    vsrc = int(__btcontrol_get__("videosource"))
ValueError: invalid literal for int(): Open %s for reading: No such file or
directory

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org