Pinnacle PCTV Pro support in bktr

Jacob Meuser jakemsr at jakemsr.com
Mon May 16 20:00:06 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 04:42:07PM +0100, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:25:13 +0200
> maarfree <maarfree at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> > Is anyone working on this?
> >
> > The card is very similar to the Pinnancle PCTV Rave, but not exactly.
>
> 	The PCTV Rave is troublesome enough - recent ones have an
> MT2050 tuner which I can almost but not quite[1] get to work with code
> that needs to be rescued from GPL :(

speaking of which.  I submitted your bktr code to the ffmpeg developers,
and there is a small issue with it's license.  since the time you wrote
that, they have changed to mostly LGPL.  grab.c is LGPL.  would you like
to change the license of grab_bsdbktr.c to LGPL instead of the current
GPL?  otherwise, the bktr code can only be used if ffmpeg is built
with --enable-gpl.

--
<jakemsr at jakemsr.com>