New ffmpeg CVS versions

Jacob Meuser jakemsr at jakemsr.com
Tue May 3 00:06:29 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 12:49:24AM -0400, Michael Johnson wrote:
> Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> >Hi,
>
> <--snip-->
>

> >	There are 2 versions of the ffmpeg-devel port:
> >

> They are located
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/ffmpeg-devel-20050427.tar.gz
> and
> http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/ffmpeg-devel-20050502.tar.gz
>

> >1 - build and works
> >port		-> ffmpeg-cvs-20050427.tar.gz
> >distfile	-> ffmpeg-devel-20050427.tar.gz
> >2 - does not build, it breaks when trying to build the bktr(4)
> >    grabbing code. I'll appreciate help fixing it
> >port		-> ffmpeg-cvs-20050502.tar.gz
> >distfile	-> ffmpeg-devel-20050502.tar.gz
> >

> <--snip-->

notes on grab_bsdbktr.c

  no need to pass video_buf into bktr_init(), it's a global variable.

  i think av_set_pts_info() needs to be moved up to before other
  parameters in 's' are set in grab_read_header().

  i'm pretty sure the av_free() in grab_read_close() can result in
  double free errors, i.e. ffmpeg free()s the memory automagically.

  IMO it's bad form to expect opening /dev/tuner* to unmute the audio,
  and closing it to mute it again, even if that's how it currently
  works :(

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ports/graphics/ffmpeg/files/grab_bsdbktr.c

  (disregard the mistakes in the previous version :/)

--
<jakemsr at jakemsr.com>