Is SoundBlaster Audigy 2 value chip=0x00081102 yet?

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:20:26 PST 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 05:42 am, you wrote:
> Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> > I have a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 value chip=0x00081102 sound card I
> > would really like to get working in a FreeBSD 5.4 machine.
> >
> > The snd_emu10k1 man page description:
> >
> > The snd_emu10k1 bridge driver allows the generic audio driver
> > sound(4) to attach to the SoundBlaster Live! and Audigy audio
> > cards.
> >
> > with snd_emu10k1.ko loaded:
> >
> > kldstat
> > Id Refs Address    Size     Name
> >  1   12 0xc0400000 3db750   kernel
> >  2   14 0xc07dc000 5e1a0    acpi.ko
> >  4    1 0xc2051000 1a000    linux.ko
> >  5    1 0xc2328000 15000    mga.ko
> >  6    1 0xc1d1c000 7000     snd_emu10k1.ko
> >  7    1 0xc1d23000 1b000    sound.ko
> >
> > the driver doesn't seem to find my card:
> >
> > output of pciconf -v -l
> >
> > none1 at pci0:8:0: class=0x040100 card=0x10011102 chip=0x00081102
> > rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
> >     vendor   = 'Creative Labs'
> >     class    = multimedia
> >     subclass = audio
> >
> > I found this site:
> >
> > http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/
> >
> > who offers a emu10kx driver but there is a note:
> >
> > #  Audigy LS and Audigy 2 Value (PCI chip IDs 0x00071102 and
> > 0x00081102) are not supported and added to list of known but
> > unsupported cards. They WILL NOT be supported by this driver. I
> > don't have this cards.
> >
> > So am I up the creek without a paddle so far as this card is
> > concerned?
> >
> > BTW, the commercial OSS driver does work with this card, sure hate
> > to go this route though.  Any reply is appreciated, even if it is
> > only "a guess"
> >
> > thank you
> >
> > -Mike
> >

> > http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/
>
> Using the driver from http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/
> You can add your chip ID from unsupported to supported, and give
> it a try. Still dont get your hopes up, i'd say you have 1% chance.

I'll give it a try anyways, thanks for the tip.

> I had bought some latest soundblaster, i thought it had emu10k
> chips, but it had audigy LS. I fixed it by getting a supported(read:
> older) card.

:(  Using the OSS drivers I get sound as long as I'm not in X, as soon
as i go into X I seem to loose access to the /dev/dsp* devices!  When
there is time I'm going to fool with emu10kx again, hopefully I can get
it to do something.  Thanks for your reply!

-Mike