uaudio patch, capabilities

Kazuhito HONDA kazuhito at ph.noda.tus.ac.jp
Mon Mar 14 00:55:32 PST 2005

Hello,

On Mar 13, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> I think he means:
> The audio device doesn't supports a range, it only supports discrete
> sampling rates: 44100, 48000 and 96000. I'm not sure what the second
> proposal is, but my proposal is (without looking at any code, since I don't
> have much time ATM) to provide the posibility to specify multiple
> capabilities. So if the device is able to 22500 and 48000 but not 44100, it
> should have 2 discrete sampling rates set in the capabilities.

That's right.  Thanks for crypt-analyzing of my mail :-)
And

From: Mathew Kanner <mat at cnd.mcgill.ca>
Subject: Re: uaudio patch, capabilities
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:57:14 -0500

> 	One of the things fixed in the patch that we no support *not*
> switching to a speed if it is unsupported :)

the new patch works enough from that point of sampling converter,
though I don't try to record.
But minspeed and maxspeed of pcmchan_caps
should be limited to capability of FreeBSD itself,
(I guess this limit comes from RATEMIN and RATEMAX of feeder_rate,c, isn't it?)
because some latest devices have sampling rate over 48 kHz.
Or the capability of FreeBSD should be enlarged to 96 kHz.

Sincerely,
Kazuhito HONDA