Capturing video with Intel Smart Video Recorder III

Jacob Meuser jakemsr at jakemsr.com
Thu Jun 16 01:53:21 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 09:59:34AM -0400, dmwassman at cox.net wrote:

> I rather get NuppelVideo working as it uses less CPU. I am using a old
> computer (PII 400 w 256MB) to do this capture and am concerned with
> the capture rate and quality. Again, I am completely new to this video
> stuff, so if you think ffmpeg is better, I will give it a try.

may I suggest trying bsdav -> http://www.jakemsr.com/bsdav/

_very_ light on CPU usage; fully documented.  it does no encoding/
compression, so you will get the best possible picture.  you will need
a fair amount of disk space, though, unless you break the capture up
into parts.  I wouldn't imagine this being too much of a problem though,
since you are capturing from a VCR.

--
<jakemsr at jakemsr.com>