ESS Maestro3 no sound

Muzaffar Ariff mus.bsd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 03:43:03 GMT 2005

I've loaded the patch but still I'm having the same problem, xmms
plays the mp3 file but no sound. On the brightside there is no error
in /var/run/dmesg.boot like before:

pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro3> port 0xd800-0xd8ff mem
0xf3ffe000-0xf3ffffff irq 5 at device 8.0 on pci0
pcm0: PCIR_COMMAND = 0x7
pcm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
pcm0: <SigmaTel STAC9721/23 AC97 Codec>

So does anyone know what is wrong with my maestro?

ps: thanks for the instruction on patching the code. really appreciate it :)

--
Muzaffar Ariff
mus.bsd at gmail.com