Massive sound changes / fix (24/32bit pcm support, new sampling rate converter, various fixes)

Ariff Abdullah skywizard at MyBSD.org.my
Sun Jul 10 17:55:33 GMT 2005

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:31:41 -0500
Jonathan Noack <noackjr at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
> On 07/10/05 06:25, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 01:49:38 -0500
> > Jonathan Noack <noackjr at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
> >>+.It Va hw.snd.pcm%d.latency_timer
> >>+Controls the PCI latency timer setting.
> >>+Adjusting this to an appropriate value will solve most popping
> >and crackling issues >+(especially on VIA motherboards).
> >
> > I think "Increasing this value will solve" would be better, since
> > the man-page doesn't say what "an appropriate" value is.
> > "Incresing" on the other side at least tells the user what values
> > he should try.
>
> Thanks!  New patch attached.

Thanks! I'll merge it as soon as possible.

--

Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD

http://www.MyBSD.org.my (IPv6/IPv4)