Best processor for multimedia?

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Jul 8 14:26:13 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 03:08:45PM +0930 I heard the voice of
Greg 'groggy' Lehey, and lo! it spake thus:

> - Athlon 64
>
> From previous mail on this list, it seems that Athlon 64 is probably
> not the best choice for reasons of compatibility.

.From what I've seen, most of the problems have to do with the
architecture of the system (amd64-vs-i386), not the processor itself.
And it seems like the amd64 chips, running in i386 mode, are faster
than most i386 chips.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net